The shop is open for business.
You are here
Catrike has taken their best-selling Expedition and resolved the key issues keeping it out of some people's garages: transportability and seat adjustability.
The 5.5.9. incorporates signature Catrike construction, responsive direct steer, and top-level SRAM components with the slightly higher and adjustable seat pioneered on their Trail and Villager models.
The higher seat makes it easier to get in and out of than the Expedition. The adjustable seat-back lets you set the angle for your optimal comfort. And, this design incorporates a breathable seat-cushion. But, you still get the efficiency of the Expedition's 26" rear wheel and the maneuverability of the smaller 20" front wheels.
The icing on the cake, though, is the 559's folding capability. Catrike's folding technology brings the rear wheel flat against the body of the folded trike while maintaining chain-tension through a clever dual-purpose kickstand. Rolling wheels let you move it about without having to lift it all. The seat stays with the trike, but the seat-cushion will probably come off.
- Bearings›Sealed bearings
- Brake›Disc›Fixing Bolt Engagement›>7 threads
- Frame›Spindle pivot›Sealed bearing headset
- Frame›Weight rating›Medium (<275lb)
- Seat›Construction›Mesh on frame
- Seat›Recline Angle›Upright (>42 deg)
- Seat›Seat Attachment›Clamp
- Seat›Seat height›Medium (9.5"-12")
- Wheels›Front›20" wheel(s)
- Wheels›Rear›26" / 559 MTB