The shop is open for business.
You are here
The Samson is a BIG and TALL bike with Day-6's trademark easy-riding semi-recumbent forward crank design.
Per Day-6 ,
The official bicycle of 6'5", 287 pound, 18 year NFL veteran and 7 time Pro Bowler Lomas Brown and 6'10", 380 pound, 19 year NBA veteran, Piston's power forward and World Champion Rick Mahorn.
Big & Tall is a common term these days. Not so common is a bicycle that can comfortably carry that person.
All the legendary comfort and ergonomics of a Day 6 with the strength to carry riders up to 400 pounds due to a beefed up frame and upgraded components. You don't have to be oversized to appreciate the upgraded features on the Samson.
- Tires: Maxxis Gypsy 26x2.10 with Kevlar
- Rims: Alex DM24 with Eyelets - 36 Spoke
- Spokes: 12 Guage Stainless
- Brakes: Tektro Disc, 160 mm, Front and Rear
- Crankset: Shimano
- Headset: Neco sealed bearings
- Chain ring: Shimano 22/32/42
- Chain: KMC rust buster
- Stem: UNO, alloy, adjustable, 90mm
- 24 Speed
- Shifter: Shimano Acera Trigger
- Derailleur: Shimano Acera
- Seat Strut Kit
- Weight Capacity: 400 Pounds
- Weight: 35 pounds
- Wheelbase: 52"
- Small: Fits People from Approximately 5' to 5'7 (up to 28" inseam)
- Large: Fits People from Approximately 5'7 to 6'2 (28" inseam - 32" inseam)
- Extra Large: Fits People from Approximately 6'2 to 6'9 (32" inseam - 36" inseam)
- All sizes approximate as everyone is different.
- It is always best to test ride before buying if possible.
- For Samson, add 1" to above measurements.
- There should never be more than 5" of seat post showing between top of collar and bottom of horizontal backrest tube. See example here.
Colors: (available on all sizes)
- Metallic Black - BK
- Champagne - CP
- S24S-BK Black
- S24S-CP Champagne
- S24L-BK Black
- S24L-CP Champagne
- S24XL-BK Black
- S24XL-CP Champagne
The following are all proprietary Day 6 designs and Standard on All Day 6 Bicycles:
- 16" Contour Seat (other standard bicycle seats available)
- Ergo S'port Backrest
- Aluminum EZ Reach Handlebars
- 6061 Aluminum U-First Frame
- Seat›Recline Angle›Upright (>42 deg)
- Seat›Seat Attachment›Clamp
- Seat›Seat height›Very High (>15")
- Wheels›Front›26" / 650
- Wheels›Rear›26" / 559 MTB